EDUCATION AND POSITIONS HELD:
- Ph.D., Chemistry, Yale University, 1980.
- Professor, Department of Chemistry, National Taiwan University, 1986-present.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Columbia University / Suntory Institute for Bioorganic Research (Osaka), 1981-1982.
- Chairman, Department of Chemistry, National Taiwan University, 1993-1996.
- Director, National Taiwan University Instrumentation Center (Analysis and Measurement Division), 1998-2001.
- Joint Appointment Research Fellow, Genomic Research Center, Academia Sinica, 2003-present.
- National Science Council Award for Outstanding Research, 1987-96 (five times).
- Sun Yat-Sen Award for Academic Publications, 1992.
- National Science Council Invited Principal Investigator, 1997-2003.
- Chinese Chemical Society Award, 1997.
- Chair Professor, Foundation for Advancement of Outstanding Scholarship, 1999-2004.
- National Taiwan University Award for Teaching Excellence, 1999.
synthetic methods and asymmetric catalysis.
Bioorganic and medicinal chemistry
molecular recognition, heterocyclic chemistry, natural products, nanobiotechnology, and drug discovery.