EDUCATION AND POSITIONS HELD:
- B.S., Agricultural chemistry, National Taiwan University, 1992
- M.S., Biotechnology, National Taiwan Ocean University, 1997
- Ph.D., Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, 2004
- Postdoctoral Associate, Weill Medical College, Cornell University, 2005-2011
- Research Associate, Weill Medical College, Cornell University, 2011
- Assistant Professor, Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica, 2011-2020
- Associate Professor, Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica, 2020-present
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Cancer Research Institute, 2006-2009
Our future research goal is to unravel the signaling mechanisms in immune responses and cancers by structural and biochemical studies. Specifically, our goal is to better understand the signaling pathways that lead to or are involved in inflammatory diseases, which will help the development of therapies that could relieve the symptoms or treat the diseases. Our recent research effort has concentrated on the signaling complexes involved in TLR/IL-1R signaling that initiates innate immunity. One example is the death domain complex of MyD88:IRAK4:IRAK2. The complex has a unique helical assembly that control signaling leading to NF-kB activation.
|Toll-like receptor signaling complexes in Drosophila (left) and humans (right).|
- Sorzano COS*; Semchonok D; Lin SC; Lo YC; Vilas JL; Jiménez-Moreno A; Gragera M; Vacca S; Maluenda D; Martínez M; Ramírez-Aportela E; Melero R; Cuervo A; Conesa JJ; Conesa P; Losana P; Caño LD; de la Morena JJ; Fonseca YC; Sánchez-García R; Strelak D; Fernández-Giménez E; de Isidro F; Herreros D; Kastritis PL; Marabini R; Bruce BD; Carazo JM, 2021, “Algorithmic robustness to preferred orientations in single particle analysis by CryoEM”, JOURNAL OF STRUCTURAL BIOLOGY, 213(1), 1-5. (SCIE) (IF: 3.071; SCIE ranking: 51.2%,61.5%,32.4%)
- This is for your information, 2019, “For the information of my publications, please refer to PubMed and original publication websites. I am not responsible for any errors from any sources outside of original publication websites.”, Announcement, 1-1.
- Tsung-Wei Su, Chao-Yu Yang, Wen-Pin Kao, Bai-Jiun Kuo, Shan-Meng Lin, Jung-Yaw Lin, Yu-Chih Lo*, Su-Chang Lin*, 2017, “Structural Insights into DD-Fold Assembly and Caspase-9 Activation by the Apaf-1 Apoptosome”, STRUCTURE, 25(3), 407-420. (SCIE) (IF: 4.862; SCIE ranking: 21.5%,12.7%,31.3%)
- Lin Shan-Meng, Lin Su-Chang, Hong Jhen-Yi, Su Tsung-Wei, Kuo Bai-Jiun, Chang Wei-Hsin, Tu Yi-Fan, Lo Yu-Chih*, 2017, “Structural Insights into Linear Tri-ubiquitin Recognition by A20-Binding Inhibitor of NF-κB, ABIN-2”, STRUCTURE, 25(1), 66-78. (SCIE) (IF: 4.862; SCIE ranking: 21.5%,12.7%,31.3%)
- Lo YC*, Lin SC, Yang CY, Tung JY, 2015, “Tandem DEDs and CARDs suggest novel mechanisms of signaling complex assembly.”, Apoptosis : an international journal on programmed cell death, 20(2), 124-35. (SCIE) (IF: 4.543; SCIE ranking: 33.8%,25.3%)
- Kao WP, Yang CY, Su TW, Wang YT, Lo YC*, Lin SC*, 2015, “The versatile roles of CARDs in regulating apoptosis, inflammation, and NF-kappaB signaling.”, Apoptosis : an international journal on programmed cell death, 20(2), 174-95. (SCIE) (IF: 4.543; SCIE ranking: 33.8%,25.3%)
- Lin SC, Lo YC, Wu H, 2010, “Helical assembly in the MyD88-IRAK4-IRAK2 complex in TLR/IL-1R signalling.”, Nature, 465(7300), 885-890. (SCIE) (IF: 42.779; SCIE ranking: 1.4%)
- Wu H, Lo YC, Lin SC, 2010, “Recent advances in polyubiquitin chain recognition.”, F1000 biology reports, 2(20), 1-5.
- Yin Q, Lin SC, Lo YC, Damo SM and Wu H*, 2010, “Tumor necrosis factor-associated factors in immune receptor signal transduction”, editor(s): Bradshaw RA and Dennis EA, Handbooks of Cell Signaling 2nd edition, pp. 339-345, USA: Academic Press.
- Yin Q, Lin SC, Lamothe B, Lu M, Lo YC, Hura G, Zheng L, Rich RL, Campos AD, Myszka DG, Lenardo MJ, Darnay BG, Wu H, 2009, “E2 interaction and dimerization in the crystal structure of TRAF6.”, Nature structural & molecular biology, 16(6), 658-666. (SCIE) (IF: 11.98; SCIE ranking: 4.7%,2.8%,7.7%)
- Lo YC, Lin SC, Rospigliosi CC, Conze DB, Wu CJ, Ashwell JD, Eliezer D, Wu H, 2009, “Structural basis for recognition of diubiquitins by NEMO.”, MOLECULAR CELL, 33(5), 602-615. (SCIE) (IF: 15.584; SCIE ranking: 1.3%,5.6%)
- Lin SC, Chung JY, Lamothe B, Rajashankar K, Lu M, Lo YC, Lam AY, Darnay BG, Wu H, 2008, “Molecular basis for the unique deubiquitinating activity of the NF-kappaB inhibitor A20.”, Journal of molecular biology, 376(2), 526-540. (SCIE) (IF: 4.76; SCIE ranking: 22.9%)
- Lin SC, Huang Y, Lo YC, Lu M, Wu H*, 2007, “Crystal structure of the BIR1 domain of XIAP in two crystal forms.”, Journal of molecular biology, 372(4), 847-854. (SCIE) (IF: 4.76; SCIE ranking: 22.9%)
- Chung JY, Lu M, Yin Q, Lin SC, Wu H*, 2007, “Molecular basis for the unique specificity of TRAF6.”, Advances in experimental medicine and biology, 597, 122-130. (SCIE) (IF: 2.45; SCIE ranking: 60.4%,38.7%)
- Wu H*, Tschopp J, Lin SC, 2007, “Smac mimetics and TNFalpha: a dangerous liaison?”, Cell, 131(4), 655-658. (SCIE) (IF: 38.637; SCIE ranking: 1%,0.3%)
- Besse A, Lamothe B, Campos AD, Webster WK, Maddineni U, Lin SC, Wu H, Darnay BG, 2007, “TAK1-dependent signaling requires functional interaction with TAB2/TAB3.”, JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY, 282(6), 3918-3928. (SCIE) (IF: 4.238; SCIE ranking: 29.3%)
- Park HH, Lo YC, Lin SC, Wang L, Yang JK, Wu H, 2007, “The death domain superfamily in intracellular signaling of apoptosis and inflammation.”, Annual review of immunology, 25, 561-586. (SCIE) (IF: 19.9; SCIE ranking: 2.5%)
- Lu M, Lin SC, Huang Y, Kang YJ, Rich R, Lo YC, Myszka D, Han J, Wu H, 2007, “XIAP induces NF-kappaB activation via the BIR1/TAB1 interaction and BIR1 dimerization.”, Molecular cell, 26(5), 689-702. (SCIE) (IF: 15.584; SCIE ranking: 1.3%,5.6%)
- Yin Q, Park HH, Chung JY, Lin SC, Lo YC, da Graca LS, Jiang X, Wu H*, 2006, “Caspase-9 holoenzyme is a specific and optimal procaspase-3 processing machine.”, Molecular cell, 22(2), 259-268. (SCIE) (IF: 15.584; SCIE ranking: 1.3%,5.6%)
- Wu PT, Lin SC, Hsu CI, Liaw YC, Lin JY*, 2006, “Inhibitory effects of nontoxic protein volvatoxin A1 on pore-forming cardiotoxic protein volvatoxin A2 by interaction with amphipathic alpha-helix.”, FEBS JOURNAL, 273(14), 3160-3171. (SCIE) (IF: 4.392; SCIE ranking: 26.9%)
- Lo YC, Lin SC, Shaw JF, Liaw YC*, 2005, “Substrate specificities of Escherichia coli thioesterase I/protease I/lysophospholipase L1 are governed by its switch loop movement.”, Biochemistry, 44(6), 1971-1979. (SCIE) (IF: 2.865; SCIE ranking: 56.9%)
- Lin SC, Lo YC, Lin JY, Liaw YC*, 2004, “Crystal structures and electron micrographs of fungal volvatoxin A2.”, Journal of molecular biology, 343(2), 477-491. (SCIE) (IF: 4.76; SCIE ranking: 22.9%)
- Lo YC, Lin SC, Shaw JF, Liaw YC*, 2003, “Crystal structure of Escherichia coli thioesterase I/protease I/lysophospholipase L1: consensus sequence blocks constitute the catalytic center of SGNH-hydrolases through a conserved hydrogen bond network.”, Journal of molecular biology, 330(3), 539-551. (SCIE) (IF: 4.76; SCIE ranking: 22.9%)
- 林世昌, 廖彥銓*，2002，〈草菇毒蛋白A2晶體之Br多波長異常繞射實驗〉，《國家同步輻射研究中心簡訊第五十一期》，頁4-6。
- Panneerselvam K, Lin SC, Liu CL, Liaw YC, Lin JY, Lu TH*, 2000, “Crystallization of agglutinin from the seeds of Abrus precatorius.”, ACTA CRYSTALLOGRAPHICA SECTION D-BIOLOGICAL CRYSTALLOGRAPHY, 56(Pt 7), 898-899.
- Liu CL, Tsai CC, Lin SC, Wang LI, Hsu CI, Hwang MJ, Lin JY*, 2000, “Primary structure and function analysis of the Abrus precatorius agglutinin A chain by site-directed mutagenesis. Pro(199) Of amphiphilic alpha-helix H impairs protein synthesis inhibitory activity.”, JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY, 275(3), 1897-1901. (SCIE) (IF: 4.238; SCIE ranking: 29.3%)
- Lin SC, Yu HH, Liu LF, Lee JY, Huang A, Tam MF, Liaw YC*, 1996, “Crystallization and preliminary X-ray analysis of chicken-liver glutathione S-transferase CL 3-3.”, ACTA CRYSTALLOGRAPHICA SECTION D-BIOLOGICAL CRYSTALLOGRAPHY, 52(Pt 3), 601-603.
- Lin SC, Lin JY, Liaw YC*, 1996, “Crystallization and preliminary x-ray analysis of volvatoxin A2 from Volvariella volvacea.”, Proteins, 24(1), 141-142. (SCIE) (IF: 2.828; SCIE ranking: 58.6%,40.8%)
- Lee CY, Tai CL, Lin SC, Chen YT, 1994, “Occurrence of plasmids and tetracycline resistance among Campylobacter jejuni and Campylobacter coli isolated from whole market chickens and clinical samples.”, International journal of food microbiology, 24(1-2), 161-170. (SCIE) (IF: 4.187; SCIE ranking: 25.7%,16.5%)