EDUCATION AND POSITIONS HELD:
- B.Sc. (Pharmacology), TaipeiMedicalCollege, Taipei, Taiwan, 1986
- Ph.D. (Biotechnology), Faculty of Science, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand, 2004
- Associate Engineer, Institute of Biological Chemistry, Academia Sinica, 1986–2005
- Peptides Synthesis Supporting Team Manager, Institute of Biological Chemistry, Academia Sinica, 2001–2005
- Assistant Research Scientist, Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica, 2006-2012
- Associate Research Scientist, Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica, 2012-2018
- Senior Research Scientist, Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica, 2018-present
FACILITY MANAGEMENT / EXPERTISE:
Peptide Synthesis Core Facility
This core facility provides synthetic peptides and fluorescent peptides for biological studies discovered through proteomic research and phage display. It also provideS glycopeptides, phosphor-peptides and peptides with other post-translational modifications for use in structural and functional studies. We also collaborate with other research groups in GRC to develop methods for synthesizing newly discovered novel peptides and derivatives which can not be prepared with the current routine method, in order to support the research programs in GRC.
|Chemspeed PSW1100||Applied Biosystems 433A Peptide Synthesizer|
- Hsia, C. W., Shui, H. A., Wang, C. Y., Yu, H. M., Ho, M. Y., Cheng, K. T., Tseng, M. J., 2011, “Proteomics demonstration that histone H4 is a colchicine-induced retro-modulator of growth and alkaline phosphatase activity in hair follicle dermal papilla culture”, Journal of Proteomics, 74(6), 805-816. (SCIE) (IF: 3.722; SCIE ranking: 21.5%)
- Chen, J.B., Wu, Pheidias C., Hung, Alfur F.H., Chu, C.Y., Tsai, T.F., Yu, H.M., Chang, H.Y. and Chang, T.W., 2010, “Unique Epitopes on C mX in IgE–B Cell Receptors Are Potentially Applicable for Targeting IgE-Committed B Cells”, Journal of Immunotherapy, 184, 1748-1756. (SCIE) (IF: 3.826; SCIE ranking: 35.5%,27.8%,35.9%)
- Sorkin, L. S, Otto, M., Baldwin,W. M., Vail, E., Gillies, S. D., Handgretinger, R., Barfield, R. C., Yu, H. M., Yu, A. L., 2010, “Anti-GD(2) with an FC point mutation reduces complement fixation and decreases antibody-induced allodynia”, Pain, 149(1), 135-142. (SCIE) (IF: 5.559; SCIE ranking: 10.7%,13.4%,9.7%)
- Wan, L.; Chen, J. B.; Chen, H. H.; Huang, J.; Yu, H. M.; Luo, S. F.; Tsai, F. J.; , 2010, “Genetic variations in the C epsilon mX domain of human ”, Immunogenetics, 62(5), 273-280. (SCIE) (IF: 2.094; SCIE ranking: 77.4%,61.4%)
- Chen, J.B., Wu, P. C., Hung, A. F. H., Chu, C.Y., Tsai, T.F., Yu, H.M., Chang, H.Y., Chang, T.W., 2010, “Unique Epitopes on CεmX in IgE–B Cell Receptors Are Potentially Applicable for Targeting IgE-Committed B Cells”, Journal of Immunology, 184(4), 1748-1756. (SCIE) (IF: 4.539; SCIE ranking: 25.2%)
- Chang, H. J.; Hsu, H. J.; Chang, C. F.; Peng, H. P.; Sun, Y. K.; Yu, H. M.; Shih, H. C.; Song, C. Y.; Lin, Y. T.; Chen, C. C.; Wang, C. H.; Yang, A.S.,, 2009, “Molecular evolution of cystine-stabilized miniproteins as stable proteinaceous binders”, STRUCTURE, 17(4), 620-631.. (SCIE) (IF: 4.907; SCIE ranking: 15.3%,17.7%,28.4%)
- Wang, S. Y.; Su, C. Y.; Lin, M.; Huang, S. Y.; Huang, W. I.; Wang, C. C.; Wu, Y. T.; Cheng, T. J. R.; Yu, H. M.; Ren, C. T.; Wu, C. Y.; Wong, C.H.; Cheng, Y. S. E.,, 2009, “HA-pseudotyped retroviral vectors for influenza antagonist screening”, JOURNAL OF BIOMOLECULAR SCREENING, 14(3), 294-302. (SCIE) (IF: 2.355; SCIE ranking: 42%,46.6%,50.6%)
- H.J. Hsu, K.C. Tsai, Y.K. Sun, H.J. Chang, Y.J. Huang, H.M. Yu, C.H. Lin, S.S. Mao, and A.S. Yang, 2008, “Factor-Xa Active Site Substrate Specificity with Substrate Phage Display and Computational Molecular Modeling, accepted.”, JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY, 283, 12343-12353.. (SCIE) (IF: 4.011; SCIE ranking: 25.6%)
- Y. W. Lin, M. Y. Min, C. C. Lin, W. N. Chen, W. L. Wu, H. M. Yu and C. C. Chen, 2008, “Identification and characterization if a subset of mouse sensory neurons that express acid-sensing ion channel 3”, NEUROSCIENCE, 151(2), 544-557. (SCIE) (IF: 3.382; SCIE ranking: 40.2%)
- S. Tu, E. M. Bulloch, L. Yang, C. Ren, W. C. Huang, P. S. Hsu, C. H. Chen, C. L. Liao, H. M. Yu, W. S. Lo, M. S. Freitas and M. D. Tsai, 2007, “Identification of Histone Demethylases in Sacchromyces cerevisiae”, J. Biol Chem, 282(19), 14262-14271. (SCIE) (IF: 4.011; SCIE ranking: 25.6%)
- M.F.Cheng, H.M.Yu, B.W.Ko, Y.Chang, T.I. Ho,Y.M.Tsai.and J.M.Fang, 2006, “Practical synthesis of potential endothelin receptor antagonists of 1,4-Benzodiazepine-2,5-dione derivatives bearing substituent at the C3-, N1-, and N4-postions”, ORGANIC & BIOMOLECULAR CHEMISTRY, 4, 510-518. (SCIE) (IF: 3.423; SCIE ranking: 28.1%)
- T.K.Tang, P.J. Mark, S.T. Chen, M.H. Hou, M.H. Hong, F.M. Pan, H.M.Yu, J.H. Chen, C.W.Yao and A.H.J.Wang, 2005, “Biochemical and immunological studies of nucleocapsid proteins of severee acute respiratory syndrome and 229E human coronaviruses”, Proteomics, 5(4), 925-937. (SCIE) (IF: 3.532; SCIE ranking: 34.1%,26.6%)
- Babu, G., Yu, H. M., Yang, S. M. and Fang, J. M., 2004, “Carbazolothiophene-2-carboxylic acid derivatives as endothelin receptor antagonists.”, Bioorg Med Chem Lett, 14(5), 1129-1132.. (SCIE) (IF: 2.442; SCIE ranking: 38.6%,57.6%)
- H. M. Yu, M. J. Tseng, J. M. Fang, S. Phutrakul and S. T. Chen, 2004, “Capillary electrophoresis using immobilized whole cells with overexpressed endothelin receptor for specific ligand screening”, Electrophoresis, 25, 1034-1041. (SCIE) (IF: 2.569; SCIE ranking: 34.6%,44.3%)
- G. Babu, H. M. Yu, S. M. Yang and J. M. Fang, 2004, “Carbazolothiophene-2-carboxylic acid derivatives as endothelin receptor antagonists”, Bioorg Med Chem Lett, 14, 1129-1132. (SCIE) (IF: 2.442; SCIE ranking: 38.6%,57.6%)
- C.H.Hsu, T.P.Ko, H.M.Yu, T.K.Tang, S.T.Chen, and A.H.J. Wang, 2004, “Immunological, structural, and preliminary X-ray diffraction characterizations of the fusion core of the SARS-coronavirus spike protein”, BIOCHEMICAL AND BIOPHYSICAL RESEARCH COMMUNICATIONS, 324(2), 761-767. (SCIE) (IF: 2.559; SCIE ranking: 48.6%,58%)
- I. Wang, S. H. Wu, H. K. Chang, R. C. Shieh, H. M. Yu and C. Chen, 2002, “Solution Structure of a K-Channel Blocker from the Scorpion Tityus cambridgei”, PROTEIN SCIENCE, 11(2), 390-400. (SCIE) (IF: 2.41; SCIE ranking: 62.8%)
- C.L.Ho, Y.P.Shih, K.T.Wang and H.M.Yu, 2001, “Enhancing the hypotensive effect and diminishing the cytolytic activity of hornet mastoparan B by D-amino acid substitution”, TOXICON, 39, 1561-1566. (SCIE) (IF: 2.352; SCIE ranking: 56.4%,53.6%)
- Y.C. Lee, S.D. Lin, H.M. Yu and S.T. Chen, 2001, “Phosphorylation of the 24p3 protein secreted from mouse uterus in vitro and in vivo”, JOURNAL OF PROTEIN CHEMISTRY, 20, 563-569.
- H.M.Yu, H.L. Lin, C.Y.Wu,M.J.Tseng and S.T.Chen, 1999, “Enzymatic reaction in supercritical fluid carbon dioxide using dry-ice”, Journal of the Chinese Chemical Society, 46, 647-650. (SCIE) (IF: 0.862; SCIE ranking: 78.9%)
- H.M.Yu, S.T.Chen, M.J.Tseng, S.T.Chen, and K.T.Wang, 1999, “Microwave-assisted heterogeneous Benzil-Benzilic acid rearrangement”, J. Chem. Res, 62-63. (SCIE) (IF: 0.668; SCIE ranking: 85.4%)
- S.T.Chen, H.M.Yu and K.T.Wang, 1999, “Microwave-assisted solid reaction: Reduction of ketones using sodium borohydride”, Journal of the Chinese Chemical Society, 46, 509-511. (SCIE) (IF: 0.862; SCIE ranking: 78.9%)
- Y.T.Wu, H.P. Hsieh, C.Y. Wu, H.M.Yu, S.T. Chen and K.T.Wang, 1998, “Facile solid phase synthesis of octreotide analogs using p-carboxybenzaldehyde as a novel linker to anchor Fmoc-threoninol to solid phase resins”, Tetrahedron Lett, 39, 1783-1784. (SCIE) (IF: 2.125; SCIE ranking: 47.4%)
- S.T.Chen,P.H.Tseng, H.M.Yu,C.Y.Wu, K.F.Hsiao, S.H. Wu and K.T.Wang, 1997, “The studies of microwave effects on the chemical reactions”, Journal of the Chinese Chemical Society, 44, 169-182. (SCIE) (IF: 0.862; SCIE ranking: 78.9%)
- C.C.Chuang, W.C.Huang,H.M.Yu, K.T. Wang and S.H.Wu, 1996, “Conformation of vespa basalis mastoparan-B in trifluoroethanol-containing awueous solution”, Biochimica Biophys Acta, 1292, 1-8.
- L.C.Chuang, H.M.Yu, C.Chen, T.H. Huang, S.H.Wu and K.T.Wang, 1996, “Determination of three-dimensional solution structure of waglerin I, a toxin from Trimeresurus wagleri, using 2D-NMR and molecular dynamics simulation”, Biochim Biophys Acta, 1292, 145-155.
- Y.M.Hsiao, C.C.Chuang, L.C.Chuang, H.M.Yu, K.T.Wang, S.H.Chior and Wu, S.H.Wu, 1996, “Protein engineering of vemon toxins by synthetic approach and NMR dynamic simulation: status of basic amino acid residues in waglerin I”, Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 227, 59-63. (SCIE) (IF: 2.559; SCIE ranking: 48.6%,58%)
- C.L.Ho, Y.L.Lin, W.C.Chen, L.L.Hwang, H.M. Yu and K.T.Wang, 1996, “Structural requirements for the edema-inducing and hemolytic activities of mastoparan B isolated from the hornet (Vespa Basalis) Venom”, Toxicon, 34, 1027-1035. (SCIE) (IF: 2.352; SCIE ranking: 56.4%,53.6%)
- H.M.Yu, S.T.Chen, S.Phutrakul, N.Rakariyatham and K.T.Wang, 1996, “The effect of microwave irradiation on acid-catalyzed hydrolysis of starch”, J Org Chem, 61, 9608-9610. (SCIE) (IF: 4.805; SCIE ranking: 15.8%)
- G.Jayaraman, R.Bhaskaran, T.K.S.Kumar, H.M.Yu, S.T. Chen and C. Yu, 1995, “Conformational studies of a synthetic cyclic decapeptide fragment of rat transforming growth factor-alpha.”, International Journal of Peptide and Protein Research, 46, 88-96.
- C.L.Ho, Y.L.Lin, W.C.Chen, H.M.Yu, K.T.Wang, L.L.Hwang and S.T.Chen, 1995, “Immunogenicity of mastoparan-B, a cationic tetradecapeptide isolated from the hornet (Vespa basalis) venom, and its structural requirements”, Toxicon, 33, 1443-1451. (SCIE) (IF: 2.352; SCIE ranking: 56.4%,53.6%)
- C.L. Ho, L.L. Hwang, Y.L. Lin, S.T. Chen, H.M. Yu and K.T.Wang, 1994, “Cardiovascular effects of mastoparan-B and its structural requirements”, Eur J Pharmacol, 259, 259-264. (SCIE) (IF: 3.04; SCIE ranking: 36%)
- S.T.Chen, H.J.Chen, H.M.Yu,and K.T.Wang,, 1993, “Facile synthesis of a short peptide with a side-chain constrained structure”, Journal of Chemical Research, 6, 228-229. (SCIE) (IF: 0.668; SCIE ranking: 85.4%)
- H.M. Yu, T.M. Wu, S.T. Chen, C.L. Ho, G.R. Her and K.T. Wang, 1993, “Mastoparan-B, synthesis and its physical and biological properties”, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology International, 29(2), 241-246.
- H.M.Yu, S.T.Chen,and K.T.Wang, 1992, “Enhanced coupling efficiency in solid-phase peptide by microwave irradiation”, J. Org. Chem., 57, 4780-4784. (SCIE) (IF: 4.805; SCIE ranking: 15.8%)
- C.Y.Wu, W.C.Chen, H.M.Yu, S.T.Chen, and K.T.Wang,, 1992, “Side reaction in peptide synthesis: failure coupling in solid phase automatic synthesis of a fragment (sequence 65-74) of acyl carrier protein”, Journal of the Chinese Chemical Society, 39, 195-198. (SCIE) (IF: 0.862; SCIE ranking: 78.9%)
- H.M. Yu, S.T. Chen, S.H. Chior and K.T. Wang, 1988, “Determination of amino acids on merrifield resin by microwave hydrolysis”, Journal of Chromatography A, 456, 357-362. (SCIE) (IF: 3.716; SCIE ranking: 22.8%,16%)
- H.M.Yu, S.T.Chen, S.W.Chen, J.L.Ko, and K.T.Wang, 1987, “The synthesis of dermorphin derivatives”, J. Chinses Biochem. Soc., 16, 61-69.