Tsai, Daisy 蔡淑芳
EDUCATION AND POSITIONS HELD:
- M.P.H., Epidemiology, National Taiwan University, Institute of Public Health, 1987
- Assistant Research Fellow, Institute of Biomedical Sciences (IBMS), Academia Sinica, 1987-1996
- Program Manager through Senior Program Manager, National Health Research Institutes, 1996-2003
- Deputy Director of Extramural Research Affairs Department, National Health Research Institutes, 2000-2003
- Adjunctive Executive Secretary to Academic Technology Development Program-Biomedical Study Section, Ministry of Economic Affairs, 2001-2002
- Senior Research Specialist, Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica, 2003-present
- Deputy Director-General, Central Office of Administration, Academia Sinica, 2011-present
HONORS AND PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
- Excellent Publication Award, National Science Council, 1990, 1991, 1993, and 1994 (four times)
- Special Training Program on Peer Review System at the National Institutes of Health, USA, 1994
- Established the Research Grant Review System and Post-Awarded Management System in National Health Research Institutes, Taiwan, 1995-1996
- The Society of Research Administrators International (SRA International), USA
- Academy of Management, USA
FACILITY MANAGEMENT / EXPERTISE:
My expertise is in academic strategic planning, research evaluation and management in order to facilitate and expedite the administrative flow while providing professional management service to principle investigators in the hope of meeting the needs of researchers to advance performance both locally and internationally. My main responsibilities at GRC include:
I. Functioning of Committees
- Serve as the Executive Secretary to GRC Scientific Advisory Board - Assist GRC Director and SAB Chairman to maintain the operation of GRC SAB, and in charge of administration coordination.
- Serve as the Executive Secretary to GRC Promotion & Appointment Committee - Set up the guideline of GRC appointment procedure. Conduct scientific review process and corresponding administrative work for the recruitment and promotion of Research Fellow and Research Specialist.
II. Program Management
- Serve as Program Manager of Genome Summit Program of Academia Sinica, Gates Foundation and IAVI Programs (USA), anti-influenza program of NSC, and more. Administrative coordination from assisting PI to prepare applications to funding agency, budget plan and implementation, progress monitoring, to integrating reports at every stage.
- Provide consultation and administrative support for application of extramural research project grants, awards, and scholarship to enhance the chance for acquirement.
III. Academic Activities: Conferences, Symposiums, Seminars, and Scholars' Visits
- Conduct academic activity planning and management to strengthen the research advantage of GRC. Establish administrative work Standard Operation Procedure for all levels.
IV. Other Interdisciplinary Duties
- Assist to execute special assigned cross-institutes and interdisciplinary projects within Academia Sinica.